Wig Care-Clean & Maintain
After care is a necessity for keeping the longevity of your hairpiece. Provided below is a step by step guide to help maintain your new hairpiece.
step 1. fitting your wig
step 2. care & maintenance
step 3. storage
Step 1. fitting your wig
Firstly start with a wig cap
to keep your own hair intact and loose hair ends hidden, it will also ensure the wig to fit more comfortable and snug. If no hair/or little hair is present a new innovative product is Suregrip
from Beautimark, it is a comfort liner designed to cushion and comfort, while securing your wig in place for a comfy reliable fit.
2. Then, hold the wig from the front, where your hair line starts and slip it over your head, front to back. (Note: The manufacturer tag is usually at the back, resting on the back of your neck)
3. There are two wig tabs on the side of your ears, pull ears out from under your wig like your own hair. Pull the wig down in the back for a secure fit, checking that the front of the wig begins at your natural hairline. Usually, there are hooks or velcro in the back of your wig that you can adjust for a tighter fit.
Practice makes perfect but if you still having a little trouble, call to speak to one of our wig experts or visit our store for a one on one demonstration.
Step 2. care and maintenance
All synthetic pieces will need specified shampoo and conditioner to maintain wig please view Beautimark
range for more detail.
Synthetics should be shampooed every 15-20 wears or when it starts to feel heavy or loses sheen. Use recommended products to maintain condition and life expectancy of your wig/hairpiece. Important not to comb wig whilst wet. Synthetic Hair Extensions
can also use these helpful tips.
1. Firstly soak in cool water, never hot with a hint of specified synthetic shampoo. Soak for approximately 5-10 minutes. Do not rub.
2. Then rinse well, removing all excess shampoo residue.
3. Lay the wig on a towel and pat to remove excess moisture. Spray in Leave in Conditioner from beautimark, do not rinse out. Turn the wig inside out if it has any curl or wave just to keep the curls looking tight and fresh. Let the wig dry naturally.
Keep in mind excessive heat will damage the synthetic fibers of the wig and when not being worn place on a wig stand to be aired out. Chiquel offers paraben free, synthetic hair care products from Beautimark, a collection specifically designed to enhance the vibrality and life expectancy of your synthetic wig/hairpiece.
How do i style my wig?
Your wig can be styled by using a wig brush, a wig comb or your fingertips. Avoid using a brush designed for human hair. These brushes can create excessive tension, over stretching the hair with abrasive strokes that may damage the hair. To achieve style variations beautimark synthetic care range offers style n hold spray and also shaping creme to define and alter a style.
Human hair wigs
should be washed every two weeks, everyday washing will cause the wig to breakdown. Just like natural hair please use high quality shampoo and conditioner. Human hair extensions can also use these helpful tips.
1. Before shampooing, use a detangle comb, to gentle take away tangles on hairpiece.
2. Fill basin in cool water with shampoo. Place hair in a flat lying position, with all the hair fibers facing the same direction to prevent detangling. Do not rub shampoo vigorously. Soak for 5-10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
3. Refill basin in cool water with conditioner. Soak for another 15-20 minutes. Rinse well.
Just like your own natural hair, treatments are a great way to enhance longevity and inject moisture into the hair. When using a treatment try to keep the treatment in as long as possible. Human hair wigs are versatile and can be styled anyway.
Step 3. storage
The best way to store a wig is on a wig stand
. Storing a wig on a wig stand prevents the wig from becoming tangled, misshapen or dirty between uses. The wig stand will also help maintain the factory produced style and shape of your wig. Wigs should be stored in a cool dry place free of dust, mildew and high temperatures.
Just remember Chiquel is always searching for new innovative products from around the world to help you protect your investment. Speaking to one of our qualified hairdressers we can discuss the best products available and some helpful styling techniques to best assure you make the most out of your new hairpiece.
Need more help ? contact us